Often called ‘Sunnys’, These microgreens have a delicious nutty flavour.
Research has shown that sunflower sprouts are made of 24% to 30% protein with 8 essential amino acids present, over 30 other vitamins and minerals were also found to be present in various amounts.
Sunnys when mixed with other microgreens or babyleaf make an amazingly tasty salad.
- Sunflower sprouts are a perfect source of complete protein. In fact, they are considered to be the most balanced of all of the sources of essential amino acids, helping to repair muscle tissue and aid in enzymatic functions in the body.
- They help build our skeletal, muscular, and neurological systems.
- They activate every cell of the immune system and help to keep gut bacteria healthy, thus improving our ability to fight disease.
- They boost fertility as they contain high amounts of zinc. Zinc is a well-researched mineral that is essential for the development of sperm.
- Sunflower greens are a nutritional powerhouse packed with vitamins A, B complex, D, and E; they also contain minerals including calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, potassium and phosphorus.
- Sunflower sprouts are high in B vitamins, especially folate. Folate is a necessary B vitamin for pregnant women. Folate helps to protect babies from developing neural tube defects (NTDs). The combination of B vitamins also assists in the mother’s circulation as well as aids in stress relief. In fact, sunflower sprouts are rich in all of the nutrients that are important during pregnancy such as iron, calcium, essential fats, and folate.
- Sunflower greens are a rich source of lecithin which helps to eliminate accumulated deposits in arterial walls, and break down fatty acids into an easily digestible water soluble form.
- They are rich in chlorophyll which benefits many functions within the body, including building blood supply, revitalizing tissue, calming inflammation, activating enzymes, and deodorizing the body.
- The sunflower sprout is a natural expectorant for chest congestion: In Ayurvedic medicine, these sprouts are thought to have the ability to encourage clearance of the lungs. Natural expectorants may also be used as a preventative measure against lower respiratory infections to deter the invasion of pathogens.
- Boost your antioxidant capacity with sunflower sprouts: Sunflower sprouts contain high amounts of vitamin E. Vitamin E works synergistically with vitamin C and selenium to reduce blood pressure, increase the elasticity of arteries and prevent heart disease.
- Sunflower microgreens are low in calories and high in nutrition, making them ideal for any natural and healthy fat loss program.